Google things here!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My sister's OCD-like behavior irritates me!

(Sorry! No pictures this time.) Sure, I complain a lot about my sister. But I'M the one stuck with her all day from 10 to 6. It's not my fault I have to deal with her laziness, disobedience, and worst of all, her OCD-like behavior. (OCD means obsessive compulsive disorder.) Here is a list of her main OCD-like actions:

Constant washing of her toys.

She is a toy maniac. She is also a maniac about keeping them (too) clean. Every fifteen minutes, she will gather up all washable toys (usually made of rubber or plastic), then take them to the sink. Often, she may leave them there to soak in running water and freaks out and screams if I want to use the sink. She says the running water will replace the old, "dirty" water with new water. She says this also prevents dust. Just put the toys in a sealed container, no need to waste my water! I HATE THIS.

Her urge to split our food.

Whenever we are eating, she will try her best to evenly divide everything. From chicken nuggets to cereal to steaks to ice cream, she will spend more time dividing than eating. Once she is done eating, she only ate a little then goes to watch TV and freaks out if anyone wants to eat the leftovers even though she is full to the bursting point. Back to the part about dividing. While dividing, she will not let me eat until she is done.

4,375 drops of soup, 4,376 drops of soup... Whats 874 grams divided by two? Whats half of 28.36 ounces?

All these math questions really annoy me, waste my time, and ruin my appetite. I HATE THIS MORE.

Her need to keep her room "perfect".


To me, a perfect room is the floor is clean, the bookshelf is still upright, there are no holes the walls, and all spiders are smooshed. My sister takes perfection literally. Everything must be standing upright. The clock has to be in the upper half of the center of the wall. The bedsheets must be perfect. The pillow needs to be smooth and centered. The pencils must all be sharpened, the same length, all parallel, and the tips are facing the same direction. The vase must be exactly 4.72 inches the the LEFT of the other vase. The books need to be stacked in different stacks according to their size and weight. Pretty much anything involving over-perfection, lining things up correctly, and keeping things evenly spaced will be found in her room.

If you touch ANYTHING without washing your hands for 17 minutes, move ANYTHING 1.7 millimeters, rotate ANYTHING by 0.83 degrees counter-clockwise, or put something in the right place but not the right position, she will go crazy and scream, "YOU'VE COMPROMISED THE OVER-PERFECTION!!!!" Even though she doesn't say "compromised" and the "over-" in over-perfection, you know what I mean.

What bugs me is if more than 3 things are out of place, she gives up and messes everything up because "things will just become messier anyways and I don't wanna clean it!" I REALLY HATE THIS.

Finally, her need to keep that Lego pen she got 3 years ago for Christmas perfect.


She got a Lego pen quite some time back and has been carrying it around since. She treats it like it keeps the world alive and if one piece (she calls them beads for some reason) goes missing or is out of place, she acts like the oceans will boil away, all animals will die, magnitude 11.2 earthquakes will hit all over the world, temperatures will go up to 177 degrees Fahrenheit everywhere, even Antarctica, and all crops will suddenly wither. She will go absolutely nuts looking for the "beads" that are still in her pockets and hands that she thought went missing. She then furiously counts them over and over to ensure there is 12. She wouldn't leave them at home fearing that an earthquake would hit or the dog gets loose and eats them. She brings them to the bathtub and puts a mesh over the drain then pins it down. She locks them in a reinforced 3-ply cardboard box and ties the box next to her bed when she goes to sleep.

One time, she took them to a store we were at and suddenly dropped them all over the place. People and the staff were staring at us while she screamed "MY BEEEEEADDDSS!!!!" and looked all over the place. I've never been more embarrassed. And this is not the first time it happened. I HATE THIS MOST!

THE END, at last!

No comments: